Monday, May 23, 2011

so happy together

Something bizarre happened. Three weeks ago I decided to stop taking my anti-depressants (Wellbutrin). No real reason other than I was just tired of taking them. I was actually in a really sad state and had doubled the dose a month before. It wasn't providing much relief so one night I just decided not to take a pill.

I kept waiting for the withdrawals to kick in, since I had such an awful experience with Lexapro. They never came. Instead what happened was little by little I started feeling like my old self again. Every day I felt a tad more normal like back in my pre-cancer days. I started singing and humming to myself, smiling and laughing more and appreciating my feelings.

This weekend was super, even though it was filled with the same stressers that were there three weeks ago. I woke up this morning, a Monday of all days, and sprang out of bed with a smile on my face. I'm not going to question where this good mood and energy come from, I'm just going to enjoy it.

(P.S. And an early Happy Birthday to me!)

1 comment: