Wednesday, July 13, 2011

a giraffe

There are many thoughts and feelings zooming around my head and body and I don't have the energy to put them all together so they make sense. I am betrayed, hurt, angry, sad, lonely, and hopeful. I have a therapy appointment today to help me put all those feelings in their proper place.

Yesterday was a good day. I picked up Cha after work and she, Matt and I went out to dinner, which is a rare thing in our household. After dinner we went to one of my favorite places, the public library. I picked up a dozen or so books for Cha and we read six of them last night before bed. She read a few of the easy readers and was almost as proud as I was. She's doing so well and tries so hard. For the past several years she would break down in tears over the fact that she couldn't read or write. I'm so happy for her that she's getting it and that it's making her happy as well.

Her favorite book of the night was also one of my favorites, A Giraffe and a Half. I remember reading it as a kid and it always made me smile. I am truly blessed with this gift called motherhood which allows me to share this book with this precious little girl, especially given the current turmoil in my life.

Hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment