Thursday, February 28, 2013

blame the couch

I've got a lot on my mind.  Life has been challenging, both good and bad, recently.  Lots and lots of thinking going on in my head.  Some days I long for a place to put it all out there, write it all down and organize the details of my scattered thoughts.   Other days I know it's best to give it a rest, allow the tangled words settle in my brain before letting it out.  Most days it's those 'other days' that win out.   Silence is golden.

Last night was a 'some day'.  I had things to say and witty ways to say it.   It was the end of a very long and eventful day, filled with thoughts, emotions, conclusions and clarity.    For twenty minutes I sat on my couch and wrote it all out in my head.   Every word, comma, and paragraph was exactly as I wanted it to be.   Had you read it you would have nodded your head and simply said 'Yep'.

But then I closed my eyes and smiled at how wonderful it felt to put my feet up and relax on the couch.  I woke up hours later without a blog-thought in my head.   It was all gone.  

The highlights in cliche form?   I am what I am.  It's okay not to like me.   I've lived 45 years and am happy in my head and in my heart.   You are either with me or you aren't.  There's nothing I can (or will) do to change things.  I am busy doing the next right thing.


Do what you feel in your heart to be right for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt.


1 comment: