Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Feeling restless and itchy

I cannot concentrate. My mind is in a funk and I can't snap myself out of it. I feel like there are a million things I need to be doing and I am frantically running around trying to get them done, but since I'm not thinking well I keep forgetting what the heck I'm doing.

Tomorrow night I was planning on attending the Paoli breast cancer support group. The woman I met regarding my genetic testing in speaking and I would really like to hear her. But with learning about Jen's death yesterday I think I've had my fill of cancer related thoughts for the week. I spent countless hours last night re-reading her blog and researching her procedures. It was unnecessary but I couldn't stop myself. I need a day to step back and take a cancer break.

Well, kinda. Tomorrow night Kelly is having a fund raiser for our Race for the Cure team. She's selling Tastefully Simple and 20% of all sales will go to finding a cure. It will be a bunch of women, good food and wine and lots of laughter. Maybe that will kick me into happy days.

Besides the blahs I'm also itching like hell. My allergies are killing me and I have a sinus infection that is making my head feel like a balloon filled with oatmeal that is fixing to explode. The pressure and the drainage are painful. On top of that Pennsylvania weather is bonkers. A low pressure system with lots of rain and crappy allergens and bringing on a migraine.

Yea, I'm a coughing, sneezing, wheezing, sniffling grumpy mess.

Happy Wednesday to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment