Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

Woo Hoo! It's been a while but I've really got a lot to be thankful for.

1. Dr. Coonhead gave me a copy of The Year of Living Biblically for my birthday. I finished it last week and immediately wanted to start reading it again. It's a great resource and gave me so much to think about. I need to search other people who read it so we can discuss. Thank you Coonhead!

2. I'm thankful that Dr. S finally got his office set up so I can meet him for my follow up appt. I'm scheduled for the end of the month. I called his old office and requested my files which should be ready next week. When one of his other patients picked up her files all she got was a very thin surgical report. When I requested mine I asked for the whole kit and caboodle, including the pictures. I want to make sure he gets the pictures so there's a clear before and after shot.

3. I am incredibly thankful for the weather. The rain is finally gone and we've had clear skies and perfect temps. I worked at home yesterday and opened all the windows and doors. It felt wonderful.

4. I am thankful for Cousin Jessie who friended me on fb. He's in the WI National Guard and was recently deployed. I'm sure he'll be included in my regular thanks to God.

5. I am thankful for my girlfriends who will be joining me at zumba tonight. Misery loves company, and all. I'm pumping myself up for some fun excercise but those YouTube videos are scary. We'll see what tomorrow morning brings.

6. My vegetable garden hasn't died yet. I planted cukes, peppers, watermelon, and tomatoes about three weeks ago. They haven't produced anything yet but they're still growing which is a good sign. Matt is also working on the grass. Our backyard was a jungle when we moved in and it's great to see it looking so nice.

7. I am thankful that Matt and I are both employed. Several of my friends and/or their spouses were recently laid off and it's so scary to think about what could happen. The economy is in the pits! Knock wood if you've got a job people.

8. I'm thankful that my little girl is growing up to be such a funny kid. On the way to school this morning we were jamming to MJ's Thriller. She was in the back seat throwing her arms around and pretending to sing in the mirror. She said Michael Jackson is her favorite. I love our time together.

9. I am super thankful for the family in Schwenksville who made space for two awesome kitties. Cha has asked about them several times and says she misses them and wants them to come home from the 'dog store' but it really is for the best. : (

10. Thanks to all the other Cancer Sisters for sharing their stories and providing support to those who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment