Saturday, September 26, 2009

three bits

Cari passed away. I had been checking in every day so I knew the end was near, but it didn't prepare me for that last post. I found her blog many moons ago and over the span of a long weekend I caught up on all of her posts. She was an incredible person and I would have loved to have met her in person.

I enjoy reading the comments on the last post. People from all over coming together to remark how Cari had touched their lives. She touched mine for sure and I'm going to miss her.

Cha and I went to the Y Friday night for a swim. Our local Y has a super cool pool for younger kids and Cha loves playing in the water. We spent about an hour and a half jumping, swimming and laughing and then headed to the locker room to get changed.

The bag I brought with me had clean and dry clothes for both of us along with shampoo and soap. We both hopped under the showers and got all scrubbed up. I rinsed off our swimsuits, which had the awful chlorine stank on them and hung them up to dry. While Cha and I were drying off and ready to get dressed two girls walked in the shower room. I noticed one of the girls look at my chest and kinda grimace. For a split second I had no idea why she would have that reaction and then I remembered my scars.

It made me smile. Here I was having a fun time laughing with my little girl, the cancer and surgeries totally out of my mind. I never would have imagined that a year ago.

Finally, I read an incredible poem on Olaf's blog. Def. worth a read.

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Hello JJ!

    I wanted to let you know about an interesting cancer blog a group of cancer patients have been working on.

    A fellow tongue cancer patient was sent home to die. There was nothing more that can be done. Cancer survivors ask him life altering questions.

    Please read: Dead Man Talking http://beyondtheglassdoor.blogspot.com

    Peace B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Cari, it sounds like she was an amazing person

    I can't believe how far you've come and how much you've grown <3

    ReplyDelete