Friday, October 29, 2010

A long overdue Thankful Thursday

Life has been kinda crappy but there's always something to be thankful for.

1. I am thankful for the family in Collegeville who purchased a brand new, fancy washing machine which led them to post their old one on Craigslist. Our machine went kaput two weeks ago and while I was getting used to hanging out at the public washer I am very thankful to have a working machine in my basement again. It's a super nice one too and quite a bargain at only $100.

2. I am thankful that Cousin Missy came out of surgery fine and dandy this week. I will always toast to her health.

3. I am thankful that Cha's high fever and complaints that her sides and back hurt was nothing more serious than another bladder infection. When her school called this morning and said she was running a 103 fever I had fears of appendicitis. She was in a lot of pain but the motrin, tylenol and suprex have made her feel much better in the last 12 hours.

4. I am thankful that the weather has been amazing this week. It's been in the mid to high 70s all week. It's crazy shorts weather! We are heading back down to the 50s this weekend, but that's perfect Halloween weather so it's all good.

5. I am thankful for Resolve Carpet Cleaner. With two cats, a dog, a 5 year old and a messy spouse, Resolve has been a sanity saver. Tho I am still kicking myself for installing cream colored carpet.

6. I am thankful for my very reliable Toyota Yaris which Cha and I will be taking on yet another road trip at the end of November. We'll be driving nearly 1,000 miles to my mother's memorial service in Wisconsin.

7. I am thankful for the wonderful friends in my life who know exactly what to say and when to say it.

8. I am thankful for Cha's teacher who has been doing a great job teaching her to read. Cha has been dreaming about reading for a year and she's finally getting it. I am so very proud of her and thankful that Miss Beth has made learning to read fun for my little girl.

9. I am thankful for my husband for his big shoulders, which have provided much sanity during my mental unrest.

10. I am thankful for blogspot for always being there when I need her.

Bonus: I am thankful for the woman at the crematorium who 'checked the back' and just happened to find the perfect stray mini-urn. She showed my father and I many urns and saw that I was hoping to find something similar to my brother Keith's. She walked in the back and found exactly what I was looking for. Below is my Mother on the left and Brother Keith on the fight. It means so much to me that they match, tho I have no idea why.

1 comment:

  1. I think they go together perfectly. Just as they should.

    Love to you guys.

    ReplyDelete