Monday, June 6, 2011

give my kid a camera


Yesterday was Wonder Niece's graduation party. I gave Cha my camera and told her to take pics of all the fun. She's actually surprisingly good with the camera. The snapshot above may just look like the work of a five year old but I think there's a bit of artistic genius in that angle.

Following along with my post-antidepressants journey, this weekend was filled with awesomeness. I'm still not sure if it's the sun or the lack of meds that are making me feel so happy but whatever it is, I am grateful.

Friday afternoon Cha's school held a Family Fun Day party. They had a bounce castle, a musician, bubble machine, ice cream truck and a kid size buffet of yummy food. The weather was beautiful and it was sweet watching my child play with her school-family. After the party we met some friends at a local pottery store. The kids made Father's Day presents and I have to say I enjoyed the experience. You would think eight wild kids in a pottery story would make for a stressful evening, but it turned out well. We'll be heading back soon for a ladies-only pottery session.

Saturday morning Cha's Daisy Troop visited a local florist. Each Daisy planted flowers for herself, toured a garden and learned about bees. (Shout out to Risher Van Horn who offer a very nice program for scouts.) At the end of the session the girls created a large planter of flowers which was presented to a local family whose son has been serving in Afghanistan and Iraq for the last four years.

As I said the weekend was filled with awesomeness. Coming up we have Cha's kinder graduation, a field-trip filled summer, a wedding (or two), a visit with Grandpa and the cousins, and lots of swimming with family and friends. Looking forward!

Budding Bee Keepers


Congrats to Wonder Niece!

No comments:

Post a Comment