Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I got her this time

Today is election day. Well, the primaries at least, but that's still voting. Since Matt is a (D) and I am an (R) little miss Cha is going to have a fun time when she's old enough to vote.

Our polling place is right across the street so we usually walk over together. When we're out in public Cha tends to stick by Matt. His shoulders are a much better ride and there's something special about little girls with their daddies. So when we vote she usually follows Matt in the booth and I have a stinking suspicion that he's filling her head with all sorts of liberal nonsense.

Tonight's plan was to vote on the way home from picking Cha up from school. The three of us were in the car but Matt decided he didn't feel like voting so he dropped us off. We walked up to the front door past all the volunteers shoving paper in our faces and Cha said 'No thank you' right along with me. Such a pro. We stepped up to the A-L table and I told Cha to give the woman my name. She said it loud as day and then I signed the book (I was #218, not a great turn out). I opened the curtain and she and I both stepped inside. I told her what buttons to push and she voted for me. I was so proud of her. It will be interesting to see who she takes after when she's old enough to decide for herself.

On the three minute walk home she picked up a half dozen rocks 'for her collection'. This kid has a thing with rocks. She loves carrying them, hiding them in her pockets, putting them in the kitty dishes, and bringing them to bed at night. She's a bit odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment