Friday, August 21, 2009

Four day chip?

I wonder if there's a 4 day chip for being off the Lexapro. Actually, today is day five and I'm hanging in there. I had been taking the pills every other day but this week I am down to cold turkey.

I've got these terrible hot flashes, which sucks in 90 degree weather. I'm hoping that once menopause hits in the next decade or so I'll think it's a breeze compared to this withdrawal crap.

The HVAC in the office is the pits. One side of the building feels like a freezer and the other side (which houses my desk) feels like a boiler room. I made it a half day today before I headed home to work barely clothed in front of a fan.

The other night I had a dream where I was on a big military ship that was filled with monsters. All the monsters looked like a co-worker and I had to violently slaughter them to make them go away. It makes for a disturbing day when you walk around with visions of slaughtered friends in your head.

Tonight I am going to the movies with friends and then tomorrow cheering on Uncle Milk in Reading. I'm hoping for a clear mind.

2 comments:

  1. Every day is a huge achievement. Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep hanging in there -- sounds like all in all you are doing GREAT!

    Will be thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete