Tuesday, September 27, 2011

it's that time again

It's almost my baby girl's birthday and she is very excited. She's been counting down the days for over a month. The weeks leading up to her birthday are usually very emotional for me. They take me back to the days before she was born and I get very sentimental reliving her life in my mind.

The night before Cha was born we had the tires replaced on my Forester. They didn't necessarily need to be replaced but Matt wanted extra safe tires for his girls. So, we dropped the car off at CJs Tires in Phoenixville then headed over to Sly Fox for dinner. I had the meatloaf, which wasn't fantastic but for some reason seemed like a very mom-like thing to order. We had the obligatory 'this is our last meal without a baby' talk and enjoyed the quiet before the storm.

Six years ago today was my last day at work before my maternity leave. I planned to work up until the final moment but then I passed my due date and was feeling super uncomfortable and decided I needed one final day of rest before my scheduled induction. I remember it all so clearly and hope I always do.

She is my miracle. She's the baby my doctors told me I'd never have.


Take That Science!

1 comment:

  1. miracle babies are the best babies because they are here to do things that are truly special.

    i'm really glad you have a miracle baby.

    i'm really glad your miracle baby has you.

    ReplyDelete