Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Thoughts and Thanks

I am thankful that my daughter is enjoying school and is excited about going each day. May that last a long, long time.

I am glad that my dad is settled in at his new house and is finding joy in his life.

I am happy my husband is successfully embracing a vegetarian diet, which has led to weight loss and muscle gain.

I am delighted that while Cha and I still eat (and enjoy) meat, we are eating less of it and chowing down on more veggies.

I am ecstatic that it's Mom's Retreat planning time! We'll be heading up to the lake sometime in late October or early November. Fun, fun, fun!

I am super grateful that our house did not suffer any damage from the recent hurricane, earthquake, or flooding and that our basement remained dry. Yippee!!

I am relieved that I finally decided on Cha's 6th birthday party and the invites have been sent out, and many RSVPs have been received. She's going to be excited and surprised.

I am stoked that the new season of Boardwalk Empire will be starting soon, and that the past episodes are On Demand so I can get caught up.

I am also looking forward to the new season of Bored to Death. It's one of the funniest shows on TV and Ted Danson has never been funnier!

I am getting a kick out of the banter between @SteveMartinToGo, @AlecBaldwin, @GarryShandling, and @AlbertBrooks on Twitter. You have to follow all four to read them play off each other. They are four of my favorite comedians and they make me laugh every day. (And you can find me at @jonijenks, tho I follow more than I post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment