Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This and that

Char's been sick the past couple of days. Nothing too serious, just a 'simple' case of the croup but she's miserable and not sleeping well. I spent last night on her bedroom floor worried about her breathing. She's super clingy and needed to be on my lap or at my side every single minute so I guess it wasn't a terrible thing that my internet was on the fritz and I couldn't get much work done.

Comcast is our internet provider and I've been having such a terrible time with them. Our internet signal has been patchy for a couple of months. Every time I call them they tell me that it has to be my router because if we get connection for even one minute it means that it's not their fault. Last month I convinced them to come out and look at the cable modem. A tech came out, messed with a bunch of settings and claimed that it was indeed a faulty modem. He replaced it and said things would be better.

Well, it was okay for a while but never 100%. This past week it's been horrid. We'd lose service for hours at a time or for a couple seconds here and there. Very annoying. I called Comcast again to complain and at first they tried to say it was my router but after monitoring my connection they found that it had been going out and said it was probably a wiring problem. Grrr. They were sending someone out today but he ran late so now he's scheduled for tomorrow. Fortunately the signal is working right now but who knows how long it will last.

Tonight Cha was feeling better so I pulled out her homework for the week. Her teacher sends home a packet every Monday which needs to be returned on Friday. The pages inside have sheets for practicing letters, numbers, and using scissors. There's also simple things like telling a story and asking her questions about it. She loves doing her homework and I'm hoping we're setting up good study habits.

Anyway, when she was done with cutting and pasting the zebra stripes I told her she needed to write her name. I was blown away when she actually did it! I didn't know she knew how. Granted it is not perfect and I have no clue why she thinks her name is Charl but it's still amazing. When she did the first sheet I thought it was a fluke but when she did it again I knew we were raising a smartie. Check out her genius....




4 comments:

  1. WTG, Charlotte! She did a great job :) Ria's name sometimes looks like Rio. have they been working with her on writing at school? She is definitely a smart cookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a smartie. Just like her momma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pic Joni. WTG on the writing. I'll have to ask E to write her name and see what comes out, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG!!!!

    Sarah's been ill also. I hope Cha's feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete