Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Catching up

I miss my blog. Things have been busy lately and whenever I think of logging in something else pops up or I fall asleep.

To 'quickly' catch up, I celebrated my mastectomy anniversary by myself. I don't think I even mentioned it to Matt. It was a bittersweet celebration - cancer free but sliced to bits. That evening I sat in my office at home and started writing out thank you letters. I took it slow and thought of every person that I am thankful for. It's a very long list. I still have many cards to send out but I don't want to rush. I want to appreciate each card and each person.

The anniversary also marked the end of the Bush era and the beginning of Obama. Times are tough right now and I pray that our new President helps to make things right.

Cha had two sleepovers with her Mimi and Pa. The first time Matt and I were blessed with the best date night ever. We dropped Cha off, went to see a movie (Benjamin Button - I wasn't blown away) then went to dinner. We sat at the bar at the Lakeside Inn and watched football. We were in no hurry at all and it was very relaxing. The next morning we slept in. It was fabulous and while I missed my little girl, I know we were both having a great time.

This weekend Cha spent the night with her grandparents again. Matt and I were scheduled to go bowling with friends but Matt got called for a DJ job at the last minute. I organized the bowling night and had to collect money, so I had to go. The night was a huge success and we all had fun. Matt also had fun at his gig, which is a bonus. Being a DJ isn't always a barrel of monkeys.

Anyway, huge thanks to Mimi, Pa, and Buddy the dog for spending time with Cha. She loves you very much (and kept calling me Mimi all day on Sunday).

We are moving Cha into a big girl bed. Her toddler bed is gone and I picked up a gorgeous four poster bed at Liberty Thrift for $20. I've been checking that place a couple times a week since Cha was born. Most of the items are 'okay' but sometimes the deals will take your breath away. I'll have to post pictures of her room when it's done. The bed is a beautiful dark wood and the rest of her furniture is light oak, so I've got to change everything. (Yay Craigslist!)

I've been connecting with dozens of old friends on Facebook. Friends from elementary school all the way up to my nanny days in DC. It's been fun catching up and seeing where everyone landed. It's sweet to think about how many friends I've had in my life.

We're building a nice number of women for our Race for the Cure team. We're working on a few cool fund raising ideas too. I'm excited. Providing Matt and I both don't lose our jobs and come into a million dollars of unexpected bills, we are going to stay in a hotel the night before the race again.

No comments:

Post a Comment