Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Confession

I am blaming this on the meds and refuse to believe it's age related......

Monday I had a parent-teacher conference at Cha's school. I signed up for a face to face session with her teacher on 2 /2 at 2. Easy to remember, right? I didn't have anything to write on when I signed up so I picked that time so I would remember it until I got back to my desk.

2 / 2 comes and I am sitting at my desk. It's on my calendar and a little reminder pops up on my screen. I grab my coat and bag and head downstairs to the parking lot. I hop in my car and start driving to her school. Only, five minutes from the office I wonder where the hell I'm going. I'm on Trooper Road and can't for the life of me remember why I left the office. There's a WalMart up the street so I think that maybe I needed to pick something up at WalMart. I pull into the parking lot and still can't remember what I needed so I don't even get out of the car. I drive back towards the office and figure I should pick up lunch while I'm out.

When I get back to my desk at 2:20 there is a voicemail from Cha's teacher. She's wondering what happened to me. I slump in my chair. Things like this happen way too often recently. It has to be the meds, right?

I've got an appt with Dr. M next week to discuss a few things. I'm going to ask her to help get me off these things.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I hate to tell you but I think its age. I don't think its the meds. I've read lots of studies that suggest that short term memory loss begins rapidly at age 40. Stupid aging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lie Connie! My mind is sharp as a tack.

    I can't be getting old, I have a 3 year old!

    ReplyDelete