Monday, February 2, 2009

Wait, that's not fair!

I was listening to KYW on the way to work today ('two, three, four times a day!') and sometime between the weather and the traffic my ears just about started to bleed. I seriously stared at my radio and said outloud 'What the hell?' KYW was playing a political ad, nearly two weeks after the inauguration. How unfair is that?

I hate political ads. They are nothing more than spin from one party bashing another. The facts are always so twisted that you can't really believe either side. One man (or woman) making another man (or woman) out to be the devil, based on his or her stance on trash disposal or some nonsense. They are so overly dramatic and are only used to scare someone into voting their way. I'd like to think that I'm smart enough to figure out the truth on my own, but I'm sure there are some out there that will do no further research and simply believe the garbage they are hearing.

Anyway, the point is that I was listening to a political ad in February. I listened to the entire spot waiting for the 'this message was paid for by.....' That's when I learned of Americans United for Change, which was previously called Americans United to Protect Social Security. I'm assuming they adopted their new name to jump on the Obama bandwagon (and collect more donations). They are up in arms about the Republicans blocking the current stimulus package so they produced a commercial to bash conservatives for not playing fair. (Quick question for the liberals, how does providing repairs to the Jefferson Monument stimulate our economy?)

Is this what this country has come to? Will we be subjected to slanted, scary political ads 24/7-365, regardless of the year? Don't we get any sort of break? It really isn't fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment