Friday, August 19, 2011

Last Friday

This morning I dropped Cha off for her last Friday at her first school. She's been at this school since she was nine weeks old. Several of her teachers and classmates are still there. Cha has known them her entire life! It's been one happy constant for the past 6 years and I am grateful for that experience. I'm not sure I am prepared for the change and how much I am going to miss that place but I know she and I are both ready for the next phase.

Monday starts her last week at camp before she graduates on to 1st grade at public school. Every morning when she wakes up her first words are 'X more days!' She is so excited to go to the big kid school and meet new friends.

I was sharing with one of her teachers that I am nervous about the first day. What if she doesn't know where to go when the bus drops her off? Miss Beth reminded me that Cha takes care of herself. If she doesn't know where to go she will stop and boldly announce 'Where am I supposed to be?!' My girl is not shy or timid.

Here is Cha with her two favorite teachers, Miss Beth and Miss Jill.
I am going to miss.them.much!!

1 comment: