Monday, August 29, 2011

no looking back

From the moment we walked out the front door this morning she didn't look at me once. She was sooooo excited to take the bus and meet all new friends at school. She asked me to stay at home so she could walk alone and when I said no she told me I couldn't walk next to her. She didn't want the older kids to think she needed someone to hold her hand. Oh boy, the teenage years are going to be harsh.

I am anxious for this day to be over. I want her to come home and tell me that everything was great, that the bus didn't get lost, her teacher was sweet, the food in the cafeteria was healthy and super yummy, and she knew exactly where to go to get on the proper bus home. Once I know she's survived today I'll be able to breathe easier.

p.s. i could really use my mom right now.

2 comments:

  1. No hand holding?! Ack!

    I have two weeks until the big day, and now I have something new to fear.

    Love to you both today and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a strong girl, it may be hard on you but be proud of her will.

    ReplyDelete