Saturday, April 5, 2008

Allergies, chest cold, bronchitis or maybe West Nile Virus?

I feel like crap. It started last Wednesday and by Friday I was miserable and couldn't get out of bed. I'm not sure what it is but I'm having a hard time breathing and I can't stop coughing. I've emptied three Kleenex boxes and can't keep my eyes open.

Yesterday I was certain allergies were to blame so I obsessively swept and vacuumed the floors. This morning I took an allergy pill and it promptly zonked me out. I stopped coughing and sneezing but I was in a near coma for most of the day so I don't think it was worth it.

I picked up some Primatine Mist for the breathing problem and got instant relief but it wore off in about an hour and the box warns of using it too often.

This morning Matt and I had an appt with Dr. M2. It wasn't good. Life is hard and I need a break, or at least to start breathing easier.

It's 10:30 and I'm headed upstairs to gulp some Nyquil. Tomorrow I am supposed to have lunch with an online friend who is also a patient of Dr. S. We've been chatting for a couple of months but have never met in person. She has a surgery scheduled for this week so cross your fingers for her.

Next weekend my parents are coming to town to visit. Cha can't wait to play with Grandma and Grandpa again.

No comments:

Post a Comment