Sunday, April 20, 2008

me, me, me!

I know it seems redundant to declare a State of Selfishness on your personal blog but it's cheaper than a neon sign.

I had a session with my therapist yesterday and it was good. He prescribed a week+ of being selfish. I have been concentrating on making others happy and it's time to put myself first.

It's the nature of my family to be nice and please, please, please. You gotta put on a good face and keep up those social obligations. Make sure no one knows how miserable you are or more importantly how they're pissing you off.

This blog pretty much blew all that out the water. I have been honest since the get go and while I apologize if it led to hurt feelings, I wrote what I was experiencing at the time and it felt good to get it out. I realize there are seven sides to every coin but I was only sharing my point of view. I can't imagine even trying to hold all that in.

Now I've got to bring that to the real world and put me first. I have a plan of action to get myself healthy and that's my number one priority.

First on the agenda, continue my one hour a day routine of walking/jogging. It's a beautiful Sunday morning in Suburban Philadelphia so I'm off to put on my running shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment