Friday, April 25, 2008

Next Surgery - June 24th

I met with Dr. S early this morning. I was hoping to sleep in a little bit beforehand but Cha woke up at 5:00 am and refused to go back to sleep. She was a bundle of energy and refused to allow me to close my eyes for even a minute while she watched TV.

My appt was at 8:30 in Exton, which is usually only a 40 minute drive but it was prime school zone time so we hit every bus stop and school zone from here to there. It took just over and hour and I didn't get a chance to pick up a cup of coffee on the way.

I told Dr. S that I've been having problems with my right breast. There are a couple of hard areas right around the incision, which also happens to be the bra line. It hurts to wear a bra, especially the sports bras that I've been using to jog. He suggested I pad the area and see if it makes a difference. I've been massaging with cocoa butter and he said to concentrate in that area to try to work the hard spots out. We'll see what happens.

He also said that it's cool to schedule the Phase II surgery so we set it up for Tuesday June 24th. Less than two months to go! I am so excited to finally get it over with. I know I will feel better not to look at the obnoxious scars everyday and it will be nice to not think about it for a while.

I'll need to take a week or two off for recovery. He said it was a week or so but I had such a rough time after the first surgery that I don't want to push myself. My body didn't heal well thanks to the 'temporary' diabetes and I am expecting more of the same for the next surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment