Sunday, April 27, 2008

Maybe she's not mine?

'Mommy!'

Char screamed for me last night after I put her to bed. I rushed to her room and found her sitting upright with Tigger the kitten laying down next to her. Tig had his paws gently crossed and with his barely open eyes it was obvious that Char's scream just woke him up.

I asked her what was wrong and she said:

'I don't want kitty to sleep with me. Tell him to go away!'

What?! I didn't quite understand. She doesn't want the kitty to sleep with her? I'm not familiar with that line of thinking.

I explained that the kitty loved her and wanted to snuggle. I tried to tell her what an honor it is to have a kitty sleep with you. It meant you were special! She just wasn't buying it.

She put out her arm and tried to shove Tig off the bed. Being the wonderful feline that he is, he took it as an opportunity for some forced petting. He started rubbing his head against her arm and purring loudly. This ticked Char off royally! She was not in the mood and wanted that cat off her bed.

I kept putting Tigger on the floor and he kept jumping back up on the bed. I finally got him to settle down on the rocker but I'm sure once Char and I were both asleep he made his way back to her bed. He adores her and they are usually so cute together. I guess Char is that rare bird who doesn't appreciate snuggle time with a fur-baby.

I remember when I was a kid I had a cat named Kitty. I had to sleep with Kitty every night. She was an indoor/outdoor cat and if she wasn't in my room at bedtime I'd have to peak my head out the back door and call for her. She'd come running and I'd fall asleep with her wrapped around my neck. It was heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment