Sunday, March 8, 2009

Saturday was a bonus day

Yesterday was a real treat. Last Monday we had a snow day and yesterday it was 70 degrees. That's Philly weather for you. Cha and I took advantage by being outside as much as possible. We ended the day at Uncle Mike's celebrating Kirsten's 16th birthday. I'll have to post pictures when I get a chance to take them off my camera. There are some cute shots.

Cha got to play with her cousins and her cousin's cousins. I hate to say it but I think my little girl is already boy crazy. She's always telling me that she's got boyfriends at school. It's funny watching her interact with the opposite sex. She totally knows how to flirt and be coy already.

So last Friday I had my appt with Dr. S. It was a good visit. He shared that he's been voted one of the Top Docs for Philadelphia Magazine which made me uber proud. The issue comes out in May and I told him I was going to bring in the magazine and have him autograph it on my next visit.

He was also interviewed by one of the local stations about SGAP, which is the procedure where they take tissue from your bottom and move it to your breast. It's just as involved as my reconstruction but honestly I would be petrified of the recovery. My belly and tummy were in so much pain after my surgery and it was so uncomfortable having to sleep sitting up. I cannot imagine how you'd sleep. Here's the video of him being interviewed by Stephanie Stahl of CBS3 in Philly Buttock to Breast. In an odd coincidence, there's a picture of Stephanie Stahl and Matt from last year's Race for the Cure somewhere in the archives. She's a survivor and is very involved with fund raising and breast cancer awareness. I wonder who performed her surgery?

The tattoo was more painful that I thought it would be. I don't have much (if any) feeling in my breasts so I knew the needle wouldn't bother me. However it left me sore and bruised and I bled the rest of the day. They look okay but I'm sure they'll look better when they have a chance to heal. I have one more appt with Dr. S in June and then I'm thinking that's it. Unless I decide to clean up the scar tissue but I'm leaning towards no.

Tomorrow is Monday and one day closer to spring. It was so nice not worrying about sweaters and coats this weekend. I look forward to leaving the house in shorts, tshirts and flip-flops.

(...and I know I sound like a broken record, but prayers are still needed for Cari, who is having a rough time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment