Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Today wasn't much better

Cha screamed for what seemed like an eternity last night. She eventually quieted down but when I creeped upstairs to bed I found that Matt took the easy way out by putting her to sleep in our bed. I didn't dare wake her so I fell asleep in her room. Boy, I'm glad we finally moved her into a twin.

Around midnight she woke me up saying she wanted to sleep with me. She was feverous and her voice was scratchy. I moved over and let her cuddle up to me. She got up several times during the night. Once she sat up, turned on her lamp and said she needed to sleep with the light on. Another time she got out of bed and got herself a drink. I didn't find out until she was sitting next to me with some Poland Spring. Her throat was dry and she coughed most of the night. A few times she coughed so hard that she threw up. She has been complaining of a tummy ache for several days so I wasn't sure if it was actually a bug or just mucus.

When I woke up at 6:00 am this morning she was still very warm. I decided to just let her sleep while I got ready for work. When I checked on her again after my shower she was still out of it. She eventually woke up at 8:30 which is rare for her. She's an early riser. She told me her tummy ached and said she need water so I kept her home. She spent most of the day cuddled up to me on the couch while I worked (with one hand) on my laptop. She started feeling better around 3:00 so we did her homework and then took a walk outside to get some fresh air.

While we were outside I noticed these emo kids on the playground. They're teenagers who are always getting in trouble. They smoke and drink and vandalize the playground, which is three doors down from me. Grrr! I have been staying away from the playground because I don't want to deal with them but today I didn't care. We walked right up to the slide and the two boys walked away. Cha played for a little while then said she wanted to take a walk, so we trekked back behind the house to what she calls her 'garden'. Those two idiot teens were sitting at our back fence smoking pot. F-ers. They didn't even stop or try to hide it when we walked by. I really hate those kids. I gave them a look and then tried to decide whether I should talk to their parents or call the police. I thought the police would make a bigger impression but when we walked back to the front of the house I saw them on their way home. I swear next time I see them near the playground I am calling the cops. It certainly wouldn't be the first time!

So, the day wasn't much better but at least it's not Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Cha. I'm glad she's feeling better.

    We have dumb teenagers here too, but they at least try to hide it and I have no quams about yelling at them!

    ReplyDelete