Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Feeling uneasy

I just learned that Dr. S is going out on his own. He's leaving the practice and will only be seeing patients til the end of this month before he moves. I've got an appt with him on the 19th and I'm not quite sure if this is the last visit or if there will be more. I feel uneasy about the change. I mean, what if he's no longer covered by my insurance? What if his new office is too far away? What if he doesn't want me as a patient and he or the insurance company tell me I have to use one of the surgeons in the old practice??

I am pretty sure I am done with the reconstruction. There are a few areas of scar tissue that are still painful but not as bad as they were six months ago. The pain could lesson with time and I really don't think it's worth enduring more surgery. Maybe knowing that the 19th could be the very last meeting with Dr. S is what's making me uneasy. There is comfort in knowing that you're under someone's care. Granted, I still have my primary doctor and she takes very good care of me, but Dr. S has been the main guy for the last year and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment