Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25, 2009 - what a day

I was so sad this morning when I heard of Farrah Fawcett's passing. She had been sick for a long while so it wasn't a shock. I was relieved for her actually. What a long and painful death. She was the coolest chick ever when I was a kid. I loved Charlie's Angels and my brothers had the infamous poster hanging in their room. One of my friends had the Farrah head, which was like the Barbie head where you style hair and practice make up. What an odd thing to remember.

My jaw hit the floor when I heard Michael Jackson died. I was stunned and couldn't speak for a moment. I read it on TMZ and immediately ran downstairs to tell Matt. He asked how he died and I said I had no clue. All I read was the headline and ran to find him. Then I called Kharen in LA to talk to her about it. MJ had great music and I enjoyed him as an artist until he had that giant statue built of himself and then started doing bad things to kids. I'll still enjoy his music when I hear it. It feels that with Farrah and Michael dying a huge part of my childhood is now gone.

Some good news to balance out the day, my niece Andrea got married today. I was unable to attend since it was last minute and I am 1000 miles away but I was there in spirit.

Tomorrow Cha and I are headed to Ocean City, MD with some friends for the weekend. I've got my fingers crossed that we get at least one day of clear skies. It seems like every day for the past month has been cloudy and/or rainy.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it's hard to believe MJ died ... Farrah we expected but not MJ. That is really too bad ... I was hoping he'd make a comeback.

    ReplyDelete