Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lucky Me

I have much to be grateful for. Life is very, very good to me. I have more than I ever thought I would and am blessed in so many ways.

This hit me tonight as I got off the phone with my mother. Cha called her Grandma to tell her that she got her ears pierced. I went on to tell my mom about the whole experience and commented that Cha is a very lucky child and I hope she appreciates it. I continued to think about it after I hung up. My daughter is very fortunate to have a life filled with good food, plenty of toys, a comfortable home, a family who adore her and a gaggle of shiny, happy girlfriends. But seriously, I am the fortunate one who has the physical, financial and emotional means to provide this life for my child. And I am the one blessed with the little girl that I always wanted.

So this is how the earrings happened. Yesterday I got a note from my girlfriend Jaime. She asked if I wanted to get together with her and her daughter Kenzie (who you might remember from here). We grabbed a bag of goodies (including multiple bathing suits because you just never know) and headed over to Kenzie's house. On the way Cha and I talked about getting her ears pierced, which she's been talking about for months.

When we got to Jaime's I mentioned that maybe we should go get Cha's ears done. Jaime laughed and said she was thinking of taking the girls to a girl's salon called Sweet and Sassy. Jaime called and found out that the Exton location was celebrating their one year birthday and having all sorts of free goodies, including a free limo ride. We thought it was fate so we packed up the girls and headed over. The salon was offering free hair styling, cotton candy, and water ice along with the limo ride. We topped it off with a maicure and made it the perfect day.

Cha was great during the ear piercing. The salon did a fantastic job of putting her at ease and making it a fun event. She sat in a princess chair and got to pick out her own earrings (pink stars). I sat in front of her and held her hands while two women stood on either side of her and quickly did the piercing. Cha barely winced and there wasn't a single tear. She immediately started smiling and showing off her beautiful ears. Later in the bathroom she told me 'Mommy, that really hurt' but hasn't mentioned the pain again.

The new look is darling and I'm so proud of my little girl. She really is turning into a girlie-girl despite me and my tomboy ways. I thought for certain she'd be a sports freak like I was but she loves dressing up, playing with dolls and pretending to put on make up. Honestly, I'm not sure why I even bothered to buy shorts this summer. She won't wear anything but dresses, especially the kind she can twirl.


2 comments:

  1. I read about this on the board. It sounds like such a fun day! I'm glad she did so well. We have one of those Sweet and Sassy salons 5 min from my house--I always thought it looked like a cute place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, that is so sweet. I can tell how much you adore your baby girl. I wish we had one of those salons where I live!

    ReplyDelete