Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back to Work

Today was my second day back to work and I'm feeling great. Yesterday wasn't nearly as tiring as I had feared. Being back to work and being productive actually gave me a nice boost of energy. I love my co-workers and my job. That makes me one of the few, I think.

Today I had lunch in the breakroom with the guys. They filled me in on all the fun I missed while I was out and I laughed so hard I was crying. Our building maintenance engineer Paul, who lost his grandson Frankie to cancer last year, joined in on the fun. Months ago Ralph met him for lunch in his office and Paul mentioned that his phone rings off the hook but it's always the wrong number. Ralph took advantage and proceeded to answer a few of the calls, which just happened to be bill collectors. Without missing a step Ralph pulled out the worst impression of a woman I've ever heard and managed to piss off all the collectors. Being the genius that he is, he recorded the calls on his cell phone to share with the rest of us. Masterful, let me tell you!

Cha picked up the old schedule like a champ. Monday morning she was up at 6:00 am and this morning she started crying at 5:45. We were out the door by 6:45 both days which put me at my desk on or before 7:30. Knock wood that the trend continues.

She's not loving being the first kid at daycare however. She got used to showing up when all her friends were already there. This morning she walked in the door and yelled 'Where is everyone?' Thankfully most of her friends show up at 7:30 so she's only got a half hour of playing with the toys by herself.

I was exhausted when I got home last night and had a hard time putting Cha to bed. She was a bundle of energy and didn't settle down til after 9:00. Tonight she went down easy at 8:00. Life is good.

Oh, I think my laptop got stolen outside of daycare this afternoon. I am pretty positive I put it in my bag and put it in the car. I can visualize carrying it down the elevator and putting it in the front seat of my car. When I parked outside of the school building I draped my coat over it when I went inside. I parked in a spot two cars down from the playground where the kids were playing and I'd be shocked if someone was quick enough to take it then. I keep trying to convince myself that I never took it off my desk, but I am certain I saw it when I put my coat over the bag. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning when I get to my desk. Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment