Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday morning ramblings

I don't know what it is with my family. I think the last time we were all healthy had to be 20 years ago. We've had especially bad luck since 2005, or maybe that's when I really started focusing on it.

Breast cancer and lymphoma, several heart surgeries, diabetes, back surgeries, countless cases of pneumonia, miscarriages, mini-strokes, two bouts of cellulitis, on top of the the normal colds, flus, allergies and toddler icks. I get dizzy adding up my medical bills for the last year, I can't imagine looking at what the insurance companies have paid out for the Jenkins clan over the past five years.

My family is a circle of survivors. We have no other choice. We've faced all those ailments above and while there were tears, panic attacks and weeks worth of worry, there was also a great deal of humor. And, we're all still here!

I recently sent my dad the Borat DVD. I didn't think I would like it but I laughed non-stop. My dad is certain it isn't his cup of coffee, but said he would watch it and let me know what he thinks. The package is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. My dad is currently being prepped for surgery. The DVD will be waiting for him when he gets home. I just hope his heart surgeon doesn't restrict laughter because then we'd really be in trouble.

Mom, Dad, Keith, Jimmy and Danny.....please get well and stay well. I call for a hospital-free 2009.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can all stay hospital free also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking of your father and hoping everything goes well *hug*

    You've all dealt with so much, I hope you get a well deserved break.

    ReplyDelete