Friday, September 19, 2008

Thankful Thursday (the Friday edition)

I know I'm a day late. I sat on the couch last night and thought hard about posting, but I was exhausted from Cha's party. I did think about the list, so technically I did have my Thankful Thursday.

1. First and foremost I am thankful for all our friends who joined us at the park yesterday to celebrate Cha's birthday. It was a fantastic day!

2. I am super thankful that Matt was able to make it last night and took so many pictures (will post later).

3. Mimi and Pa will be spending time with Cha tonight so Matt and I can get out to celebrate his birthday. It will be a tough call who will have more fun.

4. Another special thanks to Matt for taking care of the dead squirrel that was clogging up the dryer vent causing the awful stink.

5. It's supposed to be 70 degrees today and I am glad fall is almost here! Hot, humid days have worn out their welcome.

6. I'm thankful that the mom's group is so diverse and that the world is becoming more accepting of families of blended backgrounds. Cha is growing up with kids who have parents of different races and religions. I am thankful that she'll see this is normal and that it won't be an issue for her generation and those that follow.

7. Thanks to Kimberly and Nadia for the great moms-freecycle items. (If you haven't heard of it, you've got to check out freecycle.org.)

8. Thanks for the full warranty on the Yaris. I've just hit 20,000 miles and the check engine light has been going on all week. We'll be taking it in for service tomorrow morning. Whatever it is, it better be covered!

9. I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads and food on the table.

10. I am thankful that my body feels okay today.

No comments:

Post a Comment