Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I could go the easy route and just list 1-10 the times that Cha Cha has successfully used the potty today, but I won't.

Lots to be thankful for today.

1. It's a week since surgery and I'm still waiting for the pain to arrive. I'm guessing by this point it's a no-show. I asked Dr. S what gives and he said I'm just too tough for the pain.

2. Thanks to Carrie for the beautiful butterfly curtains she handed off to me tonight. They are going to look adorable in Cha's room.

3. I'm thankful for our DVR which allows me to watch the convention on my schedule, with the ability to fast-forward thru the boring parts.

4. Huge thanks to Cha's teachers for being so fantastic with the potty-training at school. Cha started wearing panties only this week and I have been sending three changes of clothes every day, just in case. There have been accidents but her teachers have been encouraging me to keep her out of diapers, even during naps. My little girl is doing an awesome job for her second week of training.

5. The day I never thought would happen, actually happened. The co-worker who has been a mighty painful thorn in my side is gone. You know how some people just exude misery and bitterness wherever they go? Well, she was one of them. I'm sure the same crappy attitude will follow her to the next place of business and she'll blame it on her next co-workers. But for now, I'm just basking in the glory of a tense-free work environment.

6. My next surgery is scheduled for Thanksgiving time and I've been told this is the final one. I'm thankful that this will all be over soon and before the one year anniversay of the cancer diagnosis. (That was important to me.)

7. I'm dating a hot, young(er) college student (i.e., Matt started his master's classes last week).

8. Tomorrow night I get to chill out with friends and get a henna tattoo and Sunday we are seeing Mimi and Pa for Grandparent's Day.

9. We had a playdate in the park after work tonight with friends and Cha was filthy and tired when we left. She just got out of her bath and should go down easy tonight.

10. Summer is over which means the 90 degree weather will be over soon, right??

2 comments:

  1. What an awsome thankful list! Can I borrow your teacher to help potty train Danielle? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray Cha!!!!!

    I'm so glad you continue your TT list each week. I have not been feeling so thankful lately. I need to get back on track! Thank YOU for reminding me of that!

    Oh and yes, thank goodness for DVRs!!!

    ReplyDelete