Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I have been weaning myself off the Lexapro for the past 11 days and this week I am feeling the full side effects. It ain't pretty. I didn't realize how bad the withdrawals would be. Hopefully the flu symptoms will be gone by the time I go back to work on Monday.

It should explain why I haven't posted this week. I do have it together enough to post what I'm thankful for.

1. I'm thankful for Kelly for inviting us down to the beach this weekend. This will be Cha's first trip to the beach and she's been talking about it for days. It will be nice to sit in the sun and relax.

2. I am thankful for Dr. Coonhead for her calming influence and wisdom and for trying to talk me out of going off anti-depressants. She may be right but the meds just aren't doing their trick at the moment.

3. I went out in search of a new bathing suit today. I am sure you can imagine how much I was dreading that trip. I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't totally gross me out. The suit that I liked is a bit too revealing and shows off my lovely scars, but I got it anyway. Some day soon it will look perfect.

4. The grass is growing in the backyard and it's looking very homey.

5. My parents had a wonderful time in Wisconsin and are on their way back home. They had a good visit with my aunts, uncles and cousins and I am jealous that I couldn't be there.

6. I am thankful that my brother was approved for his spinal fusion. He's been in pain for far too long and I am praying that the surgery will put him back on the right track. It's scheduled for Monday morning so please keep him in your prayers.

7. The entire house is sleeping before 9:00 pm which is giving me some quiet time to blog and email. Cha didn't nap today so she fell asleep in just a few minutes.

8. I am thankful for my unlimited texting!

9. I am thankful that even tho I feel sad and miserable more often that I should, I always have someone to help me snap out of it.

10. I am psyched that Carlo Hesser is back on OLTL! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment