Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Pops!


If I were a bazillionaire and could give my dad any birthday present in the world I would pull all his friends and family together in one place so he could visit. There would be hundreds and hundreds of people so I guess we should have a cruise. A cruise to someplace interesting like Alaska or Russia, tho I guess my mom would need someplace warm so maybe Mexico or the Caribbean. Or maybe Fiji or Africa.

All his family and friends would populate the entire cruise ship and have fun laughing and eating and playing endless games of euchre. There would be a bottomless buffet of lobster and cheeseburgers and ice cream sundaes for my mom. He'd do belly flops in the pool with his granddaughters and maybe shoot some skeet off the back of the ship with Spencer.

The on-board theatre would show continuous loops of Zucker brother and Mel Brooks movies and Nick Cage would make a special celebrity appearance at every meal. (I'm not quite sure what the fascination is with Nicolas Cage, but we'll go with it.)

Bill Gates would be there as a personal favor so Pops can pick his brain and give him a smack or two. The gift shop would provide all the latest electronic gadgets and special one on one training.

It would be a great week, wait I'm a bazillionaire let's make it two weeks, and we'd spend the next 50 weeks talking about how it'd be impossible to top this birthday.

Since I'm about a bazillion dollars short of becoming a bazillionaire, I guess my dad will have to settle for the gift basket that will be delivered this week. I'm sure he knows that I'd give him the moon if I could.

Happy Birthday Pops! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment