Sunday, August 31, 2008

Question of the Day

QOTD: Um, where's all the pain??

Seriously, last time my body HURT. This time I'm feeling groovy. I didn't sleep much at all Thursday night and woke up when Matt went to work at 4:30 on Friday. I felt great and thought I should take advantage of the extra energy and get some work done.

Friday morning at 10:00 we had a playdate with the working moms. They were joking that I may be feeling good then, but the pain would hit me later. We had a fun time and other than not being able to lift Cha when she needed some 'alone time' there were no problems.

Dr. S called to see how I was doing. He explained that all the blood in my abdomen was actually fluid from the liposuction. The bleeding in my breasts has stopped but he told me to keep wearing my binders, surgical stockings and support bras.

That evening I went to dinner and drinks with friends and again kept thinking I should enjoy things while I could. Getting in and out of the car was a bit uncomfortable but otherwise all was good.

Saturday and Sunday have been the same. I haven't taken anything for pain at all today and have to force myself to remember to take my antibiotics. The bruises are still colorful on my breasts but they haven't shown up on my abdomen yet.

I plan on going back to work on Tuesday and could easily have gone back tomorrow if it weren't a holiday. Seriously, I have no clue why this time around there's no pain. It's such a treat!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you're not in much pain or discomfort, and I hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete