Thursday, October 9, 2008

December 2004

That was the last time my life was normal. December 2004, nearly four years ago. Every day since then has been filled with some sort of stress and uncertainty. There have been plenty of highs but I wouldn't call the time since then normal.

I think it started with the tsunami in Thailand. I was visiting my parents in Chicago for Christmas when news broke of the catastrophe. We sat in the lobby of the hotel watching the news for days. Very sad.

In January 2005 I got pregnant. It was unexpected and I was stunned. It was a high risk pregnancy filled with lots of stress. I was happy but anxious. Matt and I got married (another stress) and waited for our miracle baby to be born.

In September 2005 I became a mom and spent the following two months trying to make heads or tails of a newborn. I had little sleep and my head was spinning, and then I had to go back to work.

In November 2005 the company I worked for was gobbled up by another giant software company. Talk about uncertainty! I was a new mom trying to find my mommy-legs, frantically trying not to see yet another marriage go down the tubes and learn the ways of Big Corporate America, praying that I wouldn't lose my job.

This was a tough juggle and I am the first to admit that I let more than a few balls drop.

In March 2006 Matt and I faced a huge legal brick wall. It costs us plenty, financially, emotionally and physically. It was something we had to live with every day for two years. The fact that our marriage has survived is a miracle.

December 2007 brought on the cancer diagnosis which has kicked off a year long process of healing. I am praying that we'll be able to leave the evil of cancer to 2008. It's been a crappy year filled with health and economic crap and I'm ready to be done with it.

I have high hopes for January 2009 and I'm crossing my fingers that life will finally get back to normal!

1 comment:

  1. So glad I found your blog today. I'm just starting my journey with Breast Cancer. Since my tumor was so large, they are doing the chemo first, and I'm just on my 4th chemo session now. Feeling crappy is the worst part, I guess. Then I face the mastectomy, radiation and more chemo. A long journey for sure. I'm so glad you came through it, as it give me some encouragement, believe me!

    Come on over and visit sometime!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete