Sunday, October 26, 2008

Super busy weekend

It's nearly midnight and I just turned off the Phillies game. They won 10-2 and there was really no reason for me to stay up and watch it til the end. I should have been asleep four hours ago!

Friday night I went to a movie with Mariana. We saw Burn After Reading which I think is one of Brad Pitt's finest roles. It's a Coen Brothers film so it had to be good but seeing Brad Pitt playing an idiot made it perfect. Brad isn't acting when he's playing cool and suave characters. I think my favorite character of his ever is the mental patient in 12 Monkeys. That was fantastic.

After the movie we headed out to PJ Ryan's for a drink. While we certainly weren't the oldest people in the bar (there were several tables that looked to be a retirement party) we were the only ones who clearly weren't out to 'hook up'. Mariana was wearing sweatpants (or 'lounge' pants as she called them). There was one other person in the bar wearing a 'lounge' outfit but as Mariana pointed out, his probably cost well over $200 as opposed to her $7.99 Old Navy special.

We had a good time and it was a nice break. People Watching really should be an Olympic Sport, tho it would be hard to beat Mariana with her Masters in Social Work.

Saturday the working mom's group had a birthday playdate at the library. I made ghetto box brownies and picked up a couple trays from Chick fil A. The kids had fun but it was exhausting trying to keep my eye on Cha. That girl can move and she's a sneaky little one.

This morning we had a Halloween Costume Playdate for the kids. We're having a little flea problem with the kitties and Matt doused them pretty good with spray yesterday. A few of them snuggled up to Cha in her sleep last night and she woke up with red and swollen eyes. I've washed everything and hoping it clears up. I'm also hoping that it's not Pink Eye. She's been cranky this weekend and not sleeping well, so we'll see what happens when she wakes up tomorrow.

We picked up a couple of big pumpkins this afternoon and planned on carving them tonight but Cha just wasn't feeling well. Maybe tomorrow night she'll be up to playing with pumpkin guts.

I took lots of pictures this weekend but I have yet to upload them. I'll post them when I get a chance. Cha looks adorable in her Sleeping Beauty costume.

(BTW, I've been thinking of Grandma Jenkins a lot this week. Oct 22nd was her birthday and we lost her to cancer five years ago. I still miss her dearly but will always have the best memories of her. One sad thought about having kids so late is that there's less time for them to spend with their grandparents. My grandma was 50 when I was born and nearly 86 when she died. 36 years is a long time, tho I wish I had more. Love you Grandma!)

1 comment:

  1. Its always nice to get out and see a movie :)

    It does sound like you've been busy, I hope Cha's eyes clear up quickly.

    Lots of love and hugs to you

    ReplyDelete