Thursday, October 16, 2008

What can I say

I can be moody, bitchy, and short-tempered but for the most part I'm fair. I am depressed and sometimes my mind spins so fast I don't know what I'm saying. But I am doing the best that I can and I think I'm a good person.

I'm not going to blame it on divorce or cancer or being a new mom or even being tired. It is what it is. I am human and not perfect. An old boss of mine told me that I could be nearly perfect if I perfected my tact. Fifteen years later and I'm still working on it.

I wish I knew how to tactfully say:

1. If you continue to have the same problem with people, then maybe it's you? The whole world is not against you so stop playing the victim and work on changing yourself.

2. Please STHU about K. I don't like her and you know I don't like her. I will not say a word about her to you or anyone else so please stop bringing her up just to see how I'll react.

3. I am married to a Democrat and love him dearly. We have much different views on how the country should be run but I can't remember one time we've argued about it. I respect him too much to bash him over something so silly. So, for you Obama-ites who insist on screaming at me over everything Bush, Nixon, Reagan or whomever did, again please STFU.

4. I am a Republican. I am voting for McCain. He's not my first choice, nor was he in the top ten. However, he's who I'm voting for. I am not shoving him down your throat and making cracks at your candidate, so please give me the same courtesy.

There are many people I am thankful for in this world (at least ten, which should cover my Thankful Thursday). I'm sure they know who they are and if you have any doubts if you are on the list, go ahead and put yourself in that category.

The picture of the day:

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the day! LOL!!

    Being human is hard. Everyone has their faults - no one is perfect. It's how we grow and learn that makes us better people.

    I don't know if you're religious or not, but this past year I have learned to give things to the Lord and let Him guide me. It has changed the way I live my life. I feel so much more at peace with myself, my life and my friends. It's not an easy thing to do and I still struggle with giving things to Him, but every day it gets easier.

    HUGS Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your sentiments. As a fellow person who is working on her tact, I totally feel you. :hugs:

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing we can do is accept people for who they are.

    I pefer a friend who is a strong, opinionated woman.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recognizing our faults is a gift. Working on them is our obligation. Hugs, Joni. Its hard stuff.

    ReplyDelete