Monday, December 29, 2008

Brangelina had a penguin

I'm having trouble sleeping and when I do manage to sleep I have the most bizarre dreams. Last night I dreamed that I was best friends with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and they asked me to announce to the world the birth of their newborn baby penguin. Very weird.

The appt with Dr. S was quick and simple today. I sent him a thank you card after Thanksgiving telling him he'd always be in my top five Thanksgiving heroes. He told me he appreciated the kind words. Then he brought out a Christmas card one of his other patients sent him. She had the same reconstruction procedure that I did and after her final surgery she had a shirt made up that said "Breasts Designed by Dr. David Singer". She's made them for a few other of his patients and they're also sending in pictures. I think I'm going to have to hunt her down and get my hands on one. I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognizes his genius!

As for the check up, things look good. I asked about the lack of feeling again and he said it could take 18 months to two years, or it might never come back. I'm okay with it but just wanted to make sure it was normal. I also asked him about the area on the side of my right breast that causes so much pain. He says it's scar tissue and if it continues to be a problem he'll go in and rip out all the bad tissue (okay, maybe he didn't say rip out, that's just the way I'm remembering it). I might take him up on it. The tattoos are scheduled for next March. If I'm still having as much trouble then I'll have him take care of it.

After my appt I had lunch with Maura, who is one of his other patients. We had a nice chat and were both celebrating having it all behind us. She had her tattoos done a few weeks ago and is very pleased with the results. I trust that I'll be just as happy with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment