Saturday, December 20, 2008

Update on an early bedtime

As I mentioned last night, Matt was wonderful and told me to go to bed early. The plan was to check email, post some pics and blog then turn off the lights. I got all the way to the lights being out and five minutes of shut eye when Cha came storming in the room. Matt had the audacity to suggest bedtime and Cha ran to me to complain. (She likes to tell on us and send us to time out. Three year olds are challenging.)

I got out of bed and started a bath to help her mellow. Unfortunately, this had the opposite effect. She danced and sang in the tub and then proceeded to run around the second floor naked and wet. She was totally wired and it had nothing to do with food or drink.

We managed to calm her down a bit and get her dressed but she still wasn't ready to sleep. It ended with me staying up with her until after midnight. She would lay down in bed and close her eyes but I think she's got a touch of my insomnia. She really tried to sleep but it just wasn't happening. So, my early bedtime turned into another late night. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment