Monday, December 1, 2008

work was good

I was gung ho first thing in the morning. I was chipper and peppy and all those other happy adjectives containing double 'p's.

Then about 11:00 I hit the wall. My body started to ache something fierce. My stomach, my chest, even my ankles, they were all in pain. By 11:30 I was exhausted. It hurt to stand up and walk to the printer and I had no energy to do it anyway.

I did manage to finish the day and accomplished quite a bit. I longed to come home, jump into some comfortable clothes and pop a pain pill. Instead I picked up Cha and sat in traffic for an hour while the Pennsylvania drivers practiced driving in the rain for the 10th year in a row. Then I got home, realized that I had to refill my prescription so I threw on some sweats and headed to the pharmacy. Cha wouldn't let me leave the house without her so I bundled her up, dragged her out and chased her around the store before coming back home and hearing her complain that she didn't want the pasta that daddy made her, she wanted hot dogs. Three hot dogs. She announced that she needed a bath and screamed when Matt said he would give her one. She only wanted me and clung to me like a wart. We walked upstairs and I was finally able to take a pain pill but I had yet to sit down and relax. I started Cha's bath, paid a few bills, made a few phone calls, and then tried to zone out Cha screaming in her room while Matt put her to bed. An hour later the three of us were crabby and no one was sleeping. I walked downstairs to finally get myself something to eat (yum, leftover turkey again!). Matt and Cha fought on the second floor and I sat down with the kitties and ate. Here it is 11:20 and the house if finally quiet and I've got to pull the energy together to drag myself upstairs to bed. Altho, I've grown used to sleeping on the couch. The kitties have already warmed up a spot for me.

Tomorrow I've got to bring a bottle of Advil to work so I can enjoy the peace and quiet of the office.

1 comment:

  1. I may never complain about being 38 weeks pregnant again after reading that!

    Well...yes I will!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete