Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Another day

I had a great sleep night's sleep. I slept in the recliner and was surprised at how little pain I felt. I hate to admit it but this ugly couch is very comfortable. When I tried to get up this morning I almost screamed from the pain. My hips were BURNING. I could barely stand up I was in so much pain.

However, once I was upright I felt pretty good. The only pain seems to be in my sides and I think that's because I'm still numb from the original surgery. I was curious about where the pain was coming from so I took off the stomach binder to check things out. My sides are every color under the sun. Lots and lots of bruising. That's where all the pain is coming from which makes me feel better. If I bend and it hurts, at least I won't be afraid of pulling stitches or something. It's only bruising and sore muscles.

Last night I changed the dressing on my breasts. I hate to brag but the girls look amazing! Dr. S is a true artist. They are the perfect shape and the scars have been minimized. The incisions are bleeding somewhat so I am back to putting maxi pads in my bras. I've also got bandages over the stitching for the drains. They are on the sides right below my armpits and whenever I move I can feel the tubes pull. I am seeing Dr. S on Monday and he'll be pulling the drains out then.

He called to check up on me this morning. He said he's still not completely happy with the right breast and wants to go in and make changes. He said he also probably go in and take out another 4 lbs from my stomach. He wants to see how things settle first.

Matt is home with me today and I'm planning on taking it very easy. Dr. S said he didn't want me just sitting around, that I should keep walking and drink lots of water, but that I shouldn't carry anything (or anyone). I'm thinking I'll be fine to drive tomorrow and take Cha to school. I can drive as long as I'm not taking the pain meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment