Monday, June 2, 2008

six months / three weeks

It's been six months this week since my cancer diagnosis. I've also got three weeks to go before my next surgery.

Time is so funny. How could it possibly be six months already? It seems like just yesterday that I was fretting over reconstruction decisions and counting down until B-Day (as in bilateral). Six months is a half a year. Where did the time go?

Meanwhile, the three weeks til my next surgery is dragging! Is it possible to speed up the future and slow down the past? Does that even makes sense to anyone but me?

This month we are also celebrating our one year anniversary in the new house. June 18th, 2007 seems like a lifetime ago. We have packed so much living into the past year that I can't even remember being at the old place. I was there for ten years and today I couldn't tell you where I kept the cheese grater.

An update on my body: The scar in my tummy is fading but there are many dime sized hard spots. I still have no feeling from my chest down to my groin. I've gained weight but it's showing up in my breasts and belly. The flat tummy is still there (other than the hard spots)
so my trunk looks odd. My breasts are much more misshapen now and it's hard to find a bra that fits right. I've picked up a dozen bras in the past few months and not one of them is comfortable. I am looking forward to the surgery when they will actually be breast-shaped.

Overall things are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment