Monday, June 9, 2008

Long weekend, huh?

Friday was tough. I got my xrays early Friday morning and brought the film back to the office. I sneaked a peek and saw something that was odd. I had no clue what it was but I was desperate for someone to tell me it was nothing. I called the chiropractor and asked if she had any time to meet me. She said she would have loved to, but she was on her way to the beach for the weekend and would see me on Monday morning. I told her it was mean to keep a cancer survivor hanging over a long weekend.

I called my primary doctor and begged her to take a look at the xrays and tell me if she saw anything. She said she would have loved to but her office is all digital and doesn't even have a film reader. She could perhaps hold it up to the light and kinda make things out but that really wouldn't do me any good. She also said that since she wasn't the ordering doctor she couldn't really read the films anyway. Crap.

I decided to spend the rest of Friday blubbering and freaking out. I'm telling you, it wasn't a good day.

Saturday morning I decided to try to put the whole thing out of my mind. It had to be possible if doctors kept telling me to do so, right? I woke up in the morning and took Cha to a playdate with friends. She had a blast splashing in the water, eating ice pops and standing in the sprinklers. She ran around with her friends, and as Jaime promised she came home tired and dirty. The perfect playdate.

Saturday night my girlfriends and I had a Sex and the City movie night. I came equipped with more Cosmos than six women could possibly drink, but I was determined to relax and have fun. It turned out all I needed was one measly drink. I found that sitting with these wonderful women and chatting about work, kids, family and life was all I needed to keep sane.

Sunday Cha and I drove to Gettysburg to have lunch with my parents (pictures to follow). It was crazy hot and humid but the AC in the car and the restaurant worked perfectly. Cha had a fantastic time playing with Grandma and Grandpa and climbing rocks that no two year old should climb. I talked a little bit about the xrays and waiting for Monday's appt, but I didn't let it take over the day. There were many other topics to discuss (Cha's singing, shoes that don't fit and Hillary's glass ceiling).

My appt is scheduled for 10:15 this morning. It's right up the street from home so I am working at home today. I am expecting to be back online at 11:00 with a near perfect aligned spine and a spring in my step over a dodged bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment