Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hmmmm

The appt with Dr. S went well this afternoon. I only had to wait a minute til he brought me back to the exam room and he immediately took the bandages off. I think he was more excited to see my reaction than I was to see the final product.

I could tell he was very happy with his art work. He had me stand up and look in the mirror and then watched my face to see how I'd react. I was a little disappointed but tried to fake it. If I squint I can get a good idea of how things will look but right now they are still a gooey mess. He didn't pull the stitches out and the nipples are bloody and swollen. I was hoping they'd be a bit more healed, tho I'm not sure why. The initial incision on my abdomen is just now starting to fade and it's been nearly a year. Of course the nipples should be red and swollen.

I have to say tho that the breasts feel much more natural than they did six months ago. They are falling into a natural shape and there isn't the hard lumpy area like implants. This time next year they'll be perfect and the scars will be much less noticeable. I am very happy that I opted for the DIEP and for the choice of surgeon.

1 comment:

  1. My mom is going to having reconstructive surgery next year some time and I hope her results are as pleasing as yours!

    ReplyDelete