Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

\
Lots to be thankful for this week before Thanksgiving.

1. I'm thankful that I survived my final reconstructive surgery. Yahoo! I am going to miss the staff at the surgery center who were always so warm and friendly. It was a nice contrast to the hospital nurses who I complained about last February.

2. I am thankful for my kitties who haven't left my side this week. Tigger actually provided the laugh of the week when this morning I watched him jump up in the air and flip the light switch. That kitty is a trip. There was a bug on my bedroom ceiling months ago and Tigger stood on my bed and jumped straight up and caught it.

3. I am thankful for MIL for taking Cha to school the past couple of days. Cha just loves her Mimi and talks about her constantly. I'm thankful that they've got such a good relationship. I wish I had lived closed to my grandmother when I was growing up.

4. I am thankful for pain killers, antibiotics, Mucinex, and ice cold water.

5. I am thankful for Mob Wars on Facebook for keeping my cluttered brain entertained the past couple of days. Egads is that app addicting.

6. I am thankful for Jaime for having the girls over two times this past week. She always provides such a welcoming atmosphere and Cha and I both love to relax at her house.

7. I am thankful that the weather has been as nice as it has, until today. We got our first freezing rain and snow and it was chilly picking up Cha this afternoon.

8. I am thankful for Connie and Kristin and Lisa and Val and Kelly for checking up on me and making me feel comfortable.

9. I am praying that this time tomorrow night I will be thankful that Robin R is recovering from an uneventful bilateral mastectomy.

10. I am thankful that this house has three levels and that I'm able to get exercise walking from the second floor to the basement several times a day. Lord knows I'll be too stinky to get out of the house much this weekend and I need to walk around or I'll go bonkers.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Joni, I'm thinking of you and hoping you're recovering okay. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete