Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday - The Jens

See if you can find a theme....

1. First and foremost I am thankful for Jen who created the wonderful Thankful Thursday image above. She also inspired me to remember that despite everything, I have much to be thankful for. I've been reading her Thankful Thursday posts for a while and figured I had to steal the idea. Those two things pale in comparison however to the gratitude I have towards her for her kindness and ability to overlook 'things'. We have had more than a few snarky exchanges in the past but I have come to respect her and appreciate her words more than she knows.

2. Second I am thankful for Jen S whose husband is a local policeman. She has managed to arrange a Safety Meeup for the kids in the mom's group this weekend. They are trying to get a firetruck and rescue van too. I'm really excited to have our own little tour of a police car and know that Cha is going to love meeting a cop.

3. I am also thankful for Meetup Jen, who co-organizes one of the Meetup groups I am involved in. She's a total stranger but, like a good cookbook or dictionary, she's a great source of information and I've gotten a lot out of her advice. I would love to sit down and chat with her over a large pot of coffee. Maybe next time I'm in Iowa

4. Jenni is a fellow September Mama who just gave birth to her second child. She has also been a good source for advice as well and as we've faced some of the same struggles I appreciate her point of view. She had a rough pregnancy and a tough last couple of weeks. I am thankful that her darling young son is home and the family is healthy.

5. Jennifer Aniston is, well you all know who she is. As much as I think Brad Pitt is one handsome man, he's also a skunk for cheating on Jennifer when they were married. I am certainly Team Jen, even tho she can be a bit whiny. Anyway, I am thankful for her sake that she finally came around to finally speaking out about how 'uncool' Angelina Jolie was. (Sometimes you gotta let the cheesy gossip feed your soul.)

6. I am super thankful for Jen over at Cake Wrecks for the laugh a day. Seriously, what a hoot!

2 comments:

  1. I'm very honoured that you feel such gratitude...You're right, I had no idea! HUGS!!!

    My icon looks great on your blog! I'm thankful that you decided to use it! :)

    As for the snarky exchanges, I honestly don't remember any! However, I do have pregnancy brain! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant surprise to be reading your blog and find a bit about myself. It brought tears to my eyes to be thought of. Thanks a bunch!!

    ReplyDelete