Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ick

Seven day old bandages really stink. Especially when they're basically right below your nose. I can't get away from it. Dr. S told me not to get the bandages wet or remove them. The tape has been peeling off so I've just been putting more on. I look a mess and still smell like surgery.

I have an appt this afternoon to remove the bandages and the stitches. I'll finally be able to get a look at things. The bandages on my stomach and groin fell off over the weekend, thankfully. Dr. S wasn't as concerned about those so I wasn't going to bother with taping them in place.

The incisions in my groin are the most painful. They're also restricting movement. I'm aware of them with every step I take which I guess is a good thing because it forces me to take it easy. He did a good job with the placement and sewing me back up. Once things heal I doubt I'll ever notice the scars.

Because of the pain I've been keeping myself drugged up. I never really took the pain killers too much with the other surgeries, or at least not this long. I quickly transitioned to Tylenol and that did the trick. Now I am so uncomfortable with movement and sleeping that I take the Vicodin several times a day. I haven't been very good with phone calls or emails. I'll remember it and then forget it. Sorry if I forgot you.

Later this morning I am going to venture out and pick up the goodies for our Thanksgiving meal. Matt, Cha and I will be celebrating on our own and it's going to be fun.

I'll update later today when I am bandage free and get a chance to shower.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, sorry to hear about the pain overload. Isn't it great that this is your last one though? Try not to over do it Thursday, remember: the deli and canned cranberries are our friends! hee hee

    Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete