Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pre-Admission Testing

I had my pre-admission appointment at Paoli this morning. They confirmed my information, had me sign a bunch of paperwork and took some blood for CBC and a pregnancy test, which is standard. (Wouldn't that be a hoot!)

Someone from the hospital will call me Friday afternoon to tell me when to arrive Monday morning. I am guessing it's going to be very early since I need to be injected with the dye for the sentinel node biopsy. I'll probably have to be at the hospital 2 or 3 hours before the surgery is even scheduled to begin. Dr. S said he'll need to see me beforehand to mark me up, so it's going to be a very long day.

This afternoon I paid all the bills for the rest of the month, made my contact list of who Matt or my mom should call when it's done, pulled out a copy of my living will (which I need to bring with me) and started packing my hospital bag. Yesterday I went to Old Navy and took advantage of their 75% off sale (thanks for the tip Angie!) and bought a few PJs for $3 and $4 a piece. The woman in admissions today gave me a list of items to bring and I think I have everything covered. I'll be packing everything in my bright red Oracle bag to remind me of everyone at work who is praying for me.

Tomorrow night Cha and I have a playdate with the working moms, Thursday I have to clean out the cars, meet with my shrink, and pick up my mom and Regina from the airport, and then Friday I can relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment