Monday, February 18, 2008

and then there was one.....

Dr. S took out the two drains from my breasts this morning. It was the most liberating feeling ever! I still have one in my abdomen but that will probably come out at my next appt on Friday.

He said he was very happy with my recovery and admitted that he didn't expect me to make this much progress so soon, given how rough the first two weeks were. He removed the rest of my stitches and suggested that I rub cocoa butter on my belly scar. I'm not supposed to do anything with my breasts yet. Someone suggested massaging them to help with the hardness and swelling but he asked me not to. His orders have served me well so far, so I'll stick with them.

My belly is getting flatter by the day. I picked up a couple maternity pants at the Good Will before the surgery and they are already too big on me. (FYI, the support band on the maternity pants feel great against my belly.) Last week I stopped to get another pair (size L) and they fit perfectly, for the time being. I don't want to spend too much on clothes until I find out what my final size is going to be.

I've been in contact with the owner of the Sleep Bra and she's selling me a couple at a reduced price. They should be coming in this week and I can't wait to slip one on. Aside from being stained the old bras are also way too big. I ordered smaller sizes (40C) and I'm sure they will feel much more comfortable.

That's the news for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment