Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Post-Thanksgiving dinner bloat

That's how I've been feeling for the past 24 hours. I feel like I'm wearing jeans that are way too tight and need to be unbuttoned. It's worse tonight since the fluid is building up with no place to go.

I called Dr. S's office this morning about my runaway drain. He said not to worry about it and that he'd take a look at my appt on Friday.

The visiting nurse came by this afternoon and I asked her what she thought. She agreed with me that my stomach is much harder than last week, and not in a good way. It's like I've got a water balloon stuffed into my belly and it's very uncomfortable.

The nurse said it's highly doubtful that Dr. S will insert another drain or even try to pull the fluid out. She said my body will just have to absorb the extra fluid and that it will be a slow process. Great, I love slow processes.

I was finally starting to enjoy all my skinny pants and feeling thin. Now I'm having a hard time putting on my clothes again. I remember last week when I was celebrating getting rid of the drains in my breasts. I thought for sure I'd jump for joy when I finally lost the one in my belly. Having it fall out on it's own is not a happy thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment